Promoting Creativity in Local Communities
this is why we're doing it...
- Cottage Industries are great for the environment. Products made by hand from local, sustainable resources play a crucial role in encouraging environmentally friendly behaviour. They reduce the need for factory processing & transportation removing many CO2 emissions from the supply chain. Cottage industries encourage creativity within local communities; many offer courses & workshops where you can learn new skills. By buying these products you can help to keep creative skills alive in the UK for future generations to learn from and enjoy.
this is how we're doing it...
- We always consider local businesses, making handmade products first.
- We support local cottage industries by promoting & selling their products on our website. Click to view our Handmade Products. Read More about our local suppliers
- We have a growing range of craft kits for sale to encourage children to be creative. These kits have been developed in Derbyshire by Ethical Kidz using locally sourced materials & handmade products. They teach a range of useful & fun skills. Click to view our locally sourced craft kits.
- We have a growing collection of downloadable activity sheets. These activities encourage creativity. Click to view our activity sheets
- We have a large range of quality art & craft materials. We have discovered through experience that children are more inclined to be creative when given a range of good quality art materials. Click to view our Art & craft materials.