Fire and Cooked Food
- Making & Controlling FiRE has been a hugely significant factor in the evolution of man.
- The ability to make & control FiRE would've not only kept us warm, provided light, but also allowed us to start cooking the food we hunted, gathered & later grew.
- It's believed that cooking our food might have been the reason why our brains grew much bigger than other evolving species.
- Food, such as fruit, vegetables & meat is tough & fibrous to eat raw. Cooking makes food quicker & easier to eat as well as easier to digest. Eating cooked food uses less energy than eating raw food.
- One theory states that eating cooked food would've allowed our evolving guts to shrink over time. The energy that would’ve gone into supporting a larger gut might instead have contributed to the evolution of our big brains.
- In other words, when we started cooking food it may have allowed our brains to grow.
- Brain tissue requires 22 times the energy of skeletal muscle. It would be hard to get enough energy from raw food to support our big brain.
- Modern Humans need to eat cooked food, which provides the high-quality calories they need.
If you want to know how we go about lighting a fire Download our FREE fact sheet on Fire & Cooked Food HERE
In brief, this is how we light a fire .....
IF ANY CHILDREN ARE READING PLEASE GET AN ADULT TO HELP YOU: FIRE IS DANGEROUS!
page 1 of 1
page 1 of 1